The “A pathway to community development” project seeks to offer target groups the opportunity to undergo non-formal education trainings using sport as a tool for education. The project will serve to bridge the formal education, NGO and sports sectors, contributing to the creation of long-term multi-level cross-sectorial networking and cooperation.
- To develop the skills of sport coaches, PE teachers, and sports staff to become leaders of ETS and NFE projects in order to develop strategies that promote non-formal education and ETS methodologies as a complementary educational path in order to increase young people’s participation in sports and learning;
- To foster cooperation exchange of knowledge and capacity development in the field of education, training and sport sectors, between schools, sport clubs and NGO entities;
- To create and reinforce synergies between sport, formal and non formal educational sectors in order to set up a favorable environment for cross-sectorial cooperation in view of enhancing participation and equal opportunities in sports for all;
- To provide sport entities and schools with guidance and tools for designing, implementing and leading educational activities using sport as mail working tool for education, in view of building up a strategic setting for developing education through sport (ETS) methodology as an official working approach for some of them;
- To create conditions and support the development of cross-sectorial networking on EU level thus setting up a space for the creation of new ETS practice opportunities and their accessibility for all interested users and target groups;
- To encourage the development of a multilevel cross-sectorial system that concretely fosters learning through other than formal educational and strictly sporting means and especially through direct involvement in practical assignments of the ETS methodology through the project activities;
Project partners, stakeholders staff members, delegates and representatives.
In particular, local participants should be sports coaches, PE teachers and sport sector professionals.
- IO1: Creation of training module for sport and educational institutions
- IO2: Elaboration of ETS handbook Publication
- IO3: Elaboration and development of NFE and ETS Online platform
Start: 01.01.2021– End: 31.12.2022